Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Writing Analysis

I absolutely loved being able to look at our kidwatching child's writing sample. I took 3 different samples to be able compare and contrast the work between a rough draft and a published piece. She has great writing abilities and is confident in what she does. Of course, there are areas where she can grow, but that's how it always is going to be with everyone. We all have areas we can continue to grow. I love being able to watch her in class and talk with her because she is so proud of her work. When I asked her why she likes to write, she responded with, "It is a way to express my feelings and emotions." She is only in 3rd grade and already knows that she can write to express the way she is feeling. She also said she works with her younger sister at home on writing and reading. I liked being able to here Linda talk about the different aspects in writing and the strategies and stages a child may be at and then be able to utilize what we learned in our writing analysis.
I had fun at University Elementary School and was able to work in the computer lab with some children. I was faced with a couple children that gave me challenges but I felt like I only grew that much more from that experience.
I look forward to taking my seed idea from my writer's notebook and publishing it into a children's book. This is definitely a work in progress but I look forward to where it's going to take me. I can't believe we are almost done and I am so happy with how this semester has gone so far! I love everything I've learned.

1 comments:

Laura Ann Hayden said...

Lindsay,

I can agree with you with how happy I am with this semester. I finally feel like the classes that I am in are going to benefit me in my classroom. Also, that poem that you wrote was amazing!!!!

Post a Comment