Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Reflection of Myself

I have had many experiences teaching in the classroom. Through being an aide, an after-school assistant, a Pre-Kindergarten teacher, camp counselor, substitute teacher, etc., I have learned so much about myself as a teacher and the areas I would like to grow in. I love having the opportunity to go to an actual school and work in small groups and with other kids to help them along their way. This past week, I was in a different classroom and was given the task to assess the student's papers. They had to read sentences and write the definition for that word and underline how the word is being used in the sentence. It was a great opportunity for me to be able to experience. In my own classroom, when I have been in there, I have worked in small groups doing different tasks. One of them was to read and have them make inferences and ask questions; the other task was to help them work on an acrostic poem with the word Indiana. I have had so much fun working with the classes and the student's and I know I can only grow and learn more. I look forward to what lies ahead and I am anxious to see the writer's workshop!

0 comments:

Post a Comment